The Carolina Pregnancy Center is here to support you and your partner. Are you wondering what to say to her? How did you feel when she told you the pregnancy test was positive?
It’s hard to know what to say after she tells you she has had a positive pregnancy test. Take advantage of our no-cost services, resources, and fatherhood program.
Words Of Wisdom
- Come to Carolina Pregnancy Center together for a no-cost pregnancy test and potential ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy.
- Be open to talking with her. She needs to hear from you. What is it that you want to do?
- Offer a listening ear. Sometimes having someone listen is all anyone needs to know someone cares.
- Do your research. Learn about pregnancy, abortion, making an adoption plan, or the possibility of co-parenting.
- Talk to people you trust. Only share the news with those who will offer sound advice. You don’t need 12 ideas from 12 different friends.
- Be honest and take responsibility. You are half of the equation, meaning you must handle the situation responsibly.
- Don’t say, “You decide what you want to do.” Although she will ultimately have the final say, no one should have to make this decision on their own. Share your concerns and thoughts.
- Don’t pressure her. Yes, you may have a definite opinion on how she should handle the situation, but you need to work together.
- Don’t walk away. An unplanned pregnancy is hard on both of you, but don’t avoid the discussion. Avoiding it doesn’t make it go away.
We Are Here For You
Men are available at Carolina Pregnancy Center to talk with you about the pregnancy and what it means for your future.
We’re here for you if you don’t have a family member or trusted male friend to bounce your thoughts off of.
Please call Carolina Pregnancy Center and set up a no-cost appointment to talk with someone about your concerns. Come with your partner for a no-cost pregnancy test and potential ultrasound to get as much information as possible about the pregnancy.
How can we help you?